homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Thursday 29 March 2012

The Time Will Come #21

Every Thursday, Jodie at Books For Company hosts The Time Will Come, a weekly meme in which we list a book that we really want to read or keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books that have been on the TBR shelf for awhile now but also they can be books that have just come into my home.  I have a massive to-read pile, it seems to be growing by the day.....

If you'd like to join in?
  • Pick a book you have been meaning to read
  • Do a post telling us about the book
  • Link the post up in the linky on Jodie's blog.
  • Visit the other blogs!
  
Here is my choice for this weeks Time Will Come:
Goodreads Synopsis:
 Alex has run away and is hiking through the wilderness with her dead parents’ ashes, about to say goodbye to the life she no longer wants to live. But then the world suddenly changes. An electromagnetic pulse sweeps through the sky zapping every electronic device and killing the vast majority of adults. For those spared, it’s a question of who can be trusted and who has changed... Everyone still alive has turned - some for the better (those who acquired a superhuman sense) while others for the worse (those who acquired a taste for human flesh).

Desperate to find out what happened and to avoid the zombies that are on the hunt, Alex meets up with Tom - an Army veteran who escaped one war only to find something worse at home - and Ellie, a young girl whose grandfather was killed by the electromagnetic pulse. This improvised family will have to use every ounce of courage they have just to find food, shelter, while fighting off the “Changed” and those desperate to stay alive. A tense and involving adventure with shocks and sudden plot twists that will keep teen and adult readers gripped.
I really liked the sound of this one, I'm still working my way through the zombie books on my shelf.  This one does sound quite scary though, more like a zombie apocalypse.  Perhaps I wont read this one at night, I might wake up with nightmares!!  The last zombie book I read, Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel, wasn't too bad as the main love interest believe it or not was a zombie.  I was very sceptical but hey it worked.  I hope I get round to reading this soon as I think it would be a good story.

1 comments:

Books for Company said...

This cover is beyond creepy, would so freak me out if I read it! haha I am a wimp though
Enjoy =)

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.