homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Wednesday 28 March 2012

***Review*** Things Your Dog Doesn't Want You To Know: Eleven Courageous Canines Tell All by Hy Conrad



Released: April 1st 2012
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Series:  No
Format:Digital ARC - Ebook
Source: Netgalley






Goodreads Synopsis:

 A series of 115 short essays written by eleven courageous canines who are willing to tell the truth about dogs every last dirty, hairy, bit of it: why they always dash to a rug when they have to throw up, why they eat furniture when endless chew toys are nearby, and why they're always absolutely starving. Peppered with lively, clever stories and visually appealing photographs, Things Your Dog Doesn't Want You to Know is a must-have for any dog lover. It's a verbal and visual delight that is laugh-out-loud funny.
"If everyone owned a dog, we would have world peace. If everyone reads this book, they will go and get a dog and we will have taken a big step in the right direction. So this book can save the world."
Terrence McNally, playwright 



My Review:

 What a charming and funny book this was. A very entertaining and light read. As a dog lover I found myself chuckling and nodding in agreement at some of the antics and views of the dogs. My Chocolate Labrador doesn’t need to learn any new tricks he pretty much could have written the book. Especially the part where one dog said he was constantly hungry and was never full...... mmm... I know a certain pooch who could certainly relate to that.

 The layout was so refreshing it was colourful and quirky. It really was a joy to pore over the pages. At first I thought this book would be good for children too, but there was one dog story in there that wasn’t quite suitable.

I like how the book first of all introduces all the dogs and gives a brief and hysterical description of their lives; there were some really sweet and nutty dogs mixed in. This would be a good present to give a dog lover. I know I would have loved it as a gift!!


Photobucket

Story 3/5 – I did like this book, the stories were sweet and funny.

Cover 3/5 – The cover is really cute, but it doesn’t scream buy me.

** Thank you to Netgalley and the Publishers for the review copy. **

8 comments:

Kristilyn (Reading in Winter) said...

Great review! So far as I know, the book that was up on NetGalley was just a sampler of the actual book, which was kind of disappointing, but I think the stories might have gotten old after a while. It's for dog-lovers, that's for sure! :)

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

Thank you for your comment :) Oh dear I never knew it was a sampler, doh :P Thanks for pointing it out. Well I do want to read the rest of it now, glad there is more to it!! Yes one for the dog lovers that's for sure.

LindyLouMac said...

Ok thanks for the info, not a lover of short stories so will give this a miss.

Danielle B! said...

Great review, but this doesn't look like a book that I would love to read. :|The dogs on the cover are cute!

Unknown said...

A cute cover and I DO love dogs, but I'd probably need a book telling me about cats more--I just don't trust 'em.

Unknown said...

This sounds like an adorable idea for a book! Haha. I"ll have to look into it some more. Fresh out of monies though.

Unknown said...

This sounds like a very cute book and sometimes that is what a person needs.

Anonymous said...

i found this review very interesting as i compeletly addore dogs and i love funny books aswell... anyone who enjoys books aliitle bit an loves dogs... this is the book for you as its a light read. also, i loved the cover

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.