homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Sunday 18 March 2012

Mail Box Sunday (IMM) - Weekly Round Up #19

Hi Guys!  It's Sunday again and that means another Mail Box Sunday. I'm going to share what goodies I've had in this week.  This week they are all e-books, so I don't feel too guilty about the teetering paperback TBR pile.  Mind you in less than a weeks time I will be hitting London with Dani @ Pen to Paper, so I can't promise the odd paperback wont sneak in next weeks IMM.  I'm trying to be good and reduce my physical bookpile but really this is never going to happen.......... :P

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren - what a great way to see what everyone else has had in their mailboxes :D


E-Books this week:


 This was kindly sent to me from the author for review.

Goodreads Synopsis:
"May today be the day she dies," Jonathan said.

Fable Ketterling is the only immortal in the last city on earth. Thirteen hundred and five years of captivity, fame, and death.

Temperance Day is the only day Fable sees the sun, and each year, she hopes it’s her last.







This was kindly sent to me by the author for review.


Goodreads Synopsis:
 Raiders have attacked Danu’s temple, slaughtering its defenders. The artifacts that are the last hope for the survival of the fey are in danger. With Changelings out to kill him, and goblins determined to abduct him, Lugh’s on a quest to find a stronghold for those treasures. Perhaps he should have thought twice before seeking a safe haven in the territory of shape-changing, fire-breathing dragon.








This was kindly sent to me by the author for review.


Goodreads Synopsis:


Chloe Masters’s world changes in a heartbeat and all she did was touch a doorknob.

When she was young Chloe’s mother vanished. Wracked by feelings of abandonment and anger she lost herself traveling with her fathers magic act, where illusions were part of her everyday life. Yet everything changes when they are pursued by a mysterious man in black out to kill her father. Touching a doorknob activates abilities she never knew she had and she finds herself thrust into a world of ancient societies and secrets.

When her father disappears it is a race against time to find answers before she loses whats left of her family. Now Chloe must choose who to trust, the man who will do anything for her or the one she can’t stop thinking about.

Book one of the Doorknob Society series.





I won a copy of this e-book from Laurie's Thoughts & Reviews.


Goodreads Synopsis:


On the banks of a sleepy bayou, a lost soul is nestled in the piney woods of East Texas, waiting and watching in the darkness of the shadows. He is feverishly seeking the past but is inevitably snared in the present and will stop at nothing to find his destiny. Alarmed by this lost soul that stalks her while she sleeps, Analise Michaels struggles to find meaning within her dreams. Instead, she finds danger down the street, across the ocean, and through the realms of time without ever leaving town. Analise is not like other teenagers. She can see and hear what others refuse to acknowledge. As Analise navigates the tangled web of drama and hysterics during her senior year of high school, she finds an unlikely friend and makes several enemies along the way. Her life becomes inescapably intertwined with an enigmatic stranger she must depend upon to help her unravel the mystery behind her haunted dreams and finally release the Shadows of Destiny.

 What books did you get in your mailbox this week?  Leave a comment and a link and I will have a peek :D

8 comments:

Melissa said...

The cover of Death Sentence is very pretty! I don't have an e-reader -- what do you think of yours? I'm kind of old-fashioned and I like the feel of turning the pages and the smell of books, but I can understand the lure of being able to carry so many books with you, as well as the perks of being able to join things like Net Galley.

Enjoy your books! And here's my IMM: http://writergrrlreads.blogspot.ca/2012/03/imm-3-birthday-edition.html

Dani Cotton said...

Great-looking haul this week, hun! I love the look of Death Sentence, in particular! One for the wishlist :)

Dani xxxx

JennRenee said...

The Doorknob Society looks interesting. I have not heard of this one before. I added to My TBR here is my IMM http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/03/mailbox-monday-9.html

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! I'm not familiar with your books, but I hope you love them.
My IMM

Unknown said...

Rhiannon sent me a copy of Death Sentence as well, I just forgot to mention it in my IMM. Doh! I haven't heard of the other books that you mentioned, but a couple of them looks intriguing. Great IMM! :)

Suz @ A Soul Unsung
My In My Mailbox!
GIVEAWAY: THE IMMORTAL RULES BY JULIE KAGAWA!
susanhaugland@att.net

Reviewing Shelf said...

Ooh, I like Shadows of Destiny.

My first IMM - http://reviewingshelf.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/in-my-mailbox-1/

Ailsa said...

I haven't heard of any of your books this week, Jenny, but I hope you like them! :)

~Ailsa

My IMM

Hanna @ Booking in Heels said...

I've never heard of Death Sentence before, but it sounds wonderful based on the synopsis! Might have to keep an eye out for that one...

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.