homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Top Ten Tuesday #2


Every Tuesday The Broke and the Bookish  hosts Top Ten Tuesday, a meme in which a new and different top ten list appears.

This weeks Top Ten list is:
 Books I Want to Reread


#1 - Old Yeller by Fred Gipson. - I read this book when I was in high school.  It's one that has stuck in my mind for a long long time.  I want to re-read this now I'm an adult to see if it still has the same effect.  I think I will need a box of tissues again as this one is a weepie.





#2 Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C O'Brien. - I recently bought a copy of this book.  It's one I remember from my childhood.  It holds so many memories and I want to recapture the magic :D




#3 - Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman - This is part of the Dragonlance series.  I basically want to re-read all of the Dragonlance novels.  They are books that first got me into reading.  I love these books!!



#4 -  The Host by Stephenie Meyer - I really enjoyed this book, it was completely different to the whole Twilight thing.  A real pleasant surprise.  




5# - Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris -  I really enjoyed the Sookie Stackhouse series.  I think I would like to reread these books as I think there would be things I would have missed the first time round.  I have forgotten some of the story lines already...... shame on me as they were so good.  I've recently bought The Sookie Stackhouse Companion, which I'm soooo looking forward to.


#6 The Forest of Hands & Teeth by Carrie Ryan -  How did I not put this as number one!!!  It's my favourite book ha ha ha.  I really want to read the whole series again and again and again :D


#7 - The Lucifer Code by Michael Cordy -  I really enjoyed this book.  A good mixture of science vs religion.  





#8 - Neither Here Nor There - Travels in Europe by Bill Bryson - I'm not normally a fan of travel writing but this author is brilliant and so funny.  I read his books years ago and think it's time for a re-visit.


#9 - IT by Stephen King - I read some Stephen King novels in my teens.  This is my favorite one and I so want to read it again.  This book however gave me a fear of clowns :(



#10 - Moonfleet by John Meade Falkner - Another one I read when I was at school.  I really enjoye this book and fell in love with the characters.  I think it's time I visited Moonfleet again.



Do you think any of these are worthy reads??  What is your opinion of these titles............ What books would you recommend for the perfect reread :D

1 comments:

Sue Jackson said...

oooh, nice list! I read Old Yeller in 7th grade and cried my eyes out! Same with The Yearling.

I read just about every Stephen King novel he wrote when I was in my teens, but it's been years now - you're right, they would be fun to reread, and IT was great!

Sue

www.greatbooksforkidsandteens.com
www.bookbybook.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.