homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Friday 23 September 2011

The Time Will Come #4


Every Thursday, Jodie at Books For Company hosts The Time Will Come, a meme in which we list a book that we really want to read or keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books that have been on the TBR shelf for awhile now but also they can be books that have just come into my home.

If you'd like to join in?
  • Pick a book you have been meaning to read
  • Do a post telling us about the book
  • Link the post up in the linky on Jodie's blog.
  • Visit the other blogs! 




The Warrior's Princess by Barbara Erskine

Goodreads Synopsis:

Jess, a young teacher in London, is attacked by someone she fears knows her well. Fleeing to her sister's house in the Welsh borders to recuperate, she is disturbed by the cries of a mysterious child.

Two thousand years before, the same valley is the site of a great battle between Caractacus, king of the mighty Catuvellauni tribe, and the invading Romans. The proud king is captured and taken as a prisoner to Rome with his wife and daughter, the princess Eigon.

Jess is inexorably drawn to investigate Eigon's story, and as the Welsh cottage is no longer a peaceful sanctuary she determines to visit Rome. There lie the connections that will reveal Eigon's astonishing life - and which threaten to reawaken Jess's own tormentor.

Barbara Erskine's ability to weave together the past and the present, shedding light on a real but little-known figure, makes this a tremendous novel of Roman and Celtic history, passion and intrigue.


I've wanted to read this one for wee while now, but seem to keep pushing down the reading pile.  I've read about 3 Barbara Erskine books and really enjoyed them.  She is a local author and I love that I can visualise the places she writes about because some of them I have actually been to.  I really enjoy the dual-time stories as it gives a touch of modern world and historical ones.  My favorite book so far has been Lady of Hay,  I hope this book is just as absorbing :D

1 comments:

Books for Company said...

Ohh I love that she writes about some places you have been too, I think that's so awesome.
Hope you can enjoy this one soon.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.