homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #42

Every Wednesday, Dani at Pen To Paper features Wishlist Wednesday, a meme in which you can list a book that you really want to read or keep meaning to get. These are books that you want to add to your wishlist, and believe me there are plenty!  I've decided to use Dani's feature every Wednesday :)

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://www.pentopaperblog.com/) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!

So here is my book for this weeks Wishlist Wednesday:

Goodreads Synopsis:

In the zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic America where Benny Imura lives, every teenager must find a job by the time they turn fifteen or get their rations cut in half. Benny doesn’t want to apprentice as a zombie hunter with his boring older brother Tom, but he has no choice. He expects a tedious job whacking zoms for cash—but what he gets is a vocation that will teach him what it means to be human.

Acclaimed horror author Jonathan Maberry makes his young adult debut with this detail-rich depiction of a post-apocalyptic world where humanity has fallen, the dead have risen, and danger is always imminent.
I can now hold my hand up and say "yes, I Jenny, am now a fully fledged lover of zombie books!"  The last few books I've read in this genre to name but a few - The Forest of Hands & Teeth series by Carrie Ryan, Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel and the more recent Horizon by Sophie Littlefield has certainly whetted my appetite for more.  Believe me I would never have thought it :P  Rot & Ruin has been recommended to me by so many zombie loving readers that I think it's high time it went on the wishlist.  The cover is really freaky.  If you have any other zombie related book recommendations please mention them in the comments :D

11 comments:

Aleksandra said...

Rot & Ruin is absolutely amazing, you have to get it & read it! The sequel was almost as good, too :) Yeah, I need to read more Maberry's books...
Still haven't read Ryan's & Lia's books, but I loved Sophie's Aftertime, although I still haven't read both sequels. The Doomsday Vault by Steven Harper is also one of my favs - it's steampunk with zombies. Warm Body by Isaac Marion was surprisingly pretty great, too. Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts isn't quite with zombies, but it's similar great post-apocalyptic. These are all I can think about at this moment. If I think of others, I'll let you know. You need to get Rot & Ruin soon :)

Aleksandra said...

Yeah, ok, I meant Warm Bodies - plural :)

Dani Cotton said...

Another zombie book, Jen? What has happened to you? ;P
It's all good - I've been after a couple myself, recently! I hope you get this soon :) Let me know if it's any good!

Dani xx

Unknown said...

Zombies oh my.

Have a great week.
My WOW and WW

Lauren @ Northern Plunder said...

I have this on my wishlist too! Glad you're part of the zombie lovers :D

Here is my Wishlist Wednesday
Lauren from Northern Plunder

Laurel Osterkamp said...

Hi Jenny. I'm a new follower - found you through the blog hop. I love post apocalyptic stories, but I've resisted zombies so far. But the summary of Rot and Ruin is pretty intriguing. I might have to give it a try.

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments :D Well this one didn't stay on my wishlist for long. I managed to get my hands on a copy today :D

Cayce said...

Great pick! I loved Rot&Ruin!
And I second Aleksandra's rec. Warm Bodies is awesome! The best zombie book I've read!

Amelia-Rose said...

i too absolutely LOVE zombie books, thanks for making me add another one to my wish list!!:D

Silverlight said...

Great choice! I never heard of this book,until now. I will be adding it to my oile *new follower* love your blog, adding your button to my page, right now! :)


href=""http://pnrurbanfantasyreviews.blogspot.com/p/blogs-i-love.html

emaginette said...

Sorry no recommendations. Just an introduction.

I'm new to following you thanks to RCCleanup and am inviting you to visit my blog at http://emaginette.wordpress.com/ when you have some time.

:-)

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.