homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #43

Every Wednesday, Dani at Pen To Paper features Wishlist Wednesday, a meme in which you can list a book that you really want to read or keep meaning to get. These are books that you want to add to your wishlist, and believe me there are plenty!  I've decided to use Dani's feature every Wednesday :)

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://www.pentopaperblog.com/) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!

So here is my book for this weeks Wishlist Wednesday:



Goodreads Synopsis:

 After she was buried, Jessie awoke and tore through the earth to arise, reborn, as a zombie. Jessie’s gang is the Fly-by-Nights. She loves the ancient, skeletal Florian and his memories of time gone by. She’s in love with Joe, a maggot-infested corpse. They fight, hunt, dance together as one—something humans can never understand. There are dark places humans have learned to avoid, lest they run into the zombie gangs.

But now, Jessie and the Fly-by-Nights have seen new creatures in the woods—things not human and not zombie. A strange new illness has flamed up out of nowhere, causing the undeads to become more alive and the living to exist on the brink of death. As bits and pieces of the truth fall around Jessie, like the flesh off her bones, she’ll have to choose between looking away or staring down the madness—and hanging onto everything she has come to know as life...




Now try hard not to groan......yes I have chosen another zombie novel :P  Last weeks Wishlist Wednesday pick was Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry, well this week it's Dust by Joan Frances Turner.  When I was in Birmingham Waterstones with Dani @ Pen to Paper last week, she had to hold me back and stop me hyperventilating as there was a whole display dedicated to zombie novels.  This is one of the books I stopped and had a browse at.  I decided not to get this one when I was there as I had already by then picked up Rot & Ruin.  But I have to say that I was very impressed with the synopsis.  So on the wishlist it has gone and hopefully it won't stay on there long :D

7 comments:

Ula said...

Oh wow what a cover! Absolutely a to-read for me :) Great synopsis thought I'm not that big on zombies myself...

My WW.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this one before, but zombies?! Count me in! And this one sounds pretty unique, too, since it's probably from the POV of a zombie. :) Definitely adding this on Goodreads. Thanks for sharing!

Meg | My WOW

beccabooklover said...

Ooh sounds like an interesting read despite not really enjoying books in this genre myself. Hope you get to buy it soon and feed your zombie addiction :P

Here's my WW post: http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/wishlist-wednesday-6.html

Dani Cotton said...

Is it Zombie month, this month, Jen? :P
It certainly sounds different! You'll have to let me know what you think, when you get hold of it, and read it :)

Dani xx

Angie said...

Nothing wrong with choosing zombies again! It's a genre that I'm just getting into, and I like the sound of this one!

Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

M.A.D. said...

Jen - if you love zombie books (like me, lol) then you have GOT to read Pariah by Bob Fingerman, truly one of the best I've ever read :D

Ps - I loved Dust and can't wait to eventually read the next one in the series <3

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

Dani, yes it does seem like it's zombie month lol. I've had plenty of book recommendations that have gone on the wishlist :D

M.A.D - Yay thank you for suggestion of Pariah, I've added it to my wishlist :D

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.