Every Tuesday The Broke and the Bookish hosts Top Ten Tuesday, a meme in which a new and different top ten list appears.
This weeks Top Ten list is:
Top Ten Books That Have Been On My Shelf For The Longest But I've Never Read
Oh my word, there are just so many to choose from. With a humungous tbr pile I could be here all day. Some day I will read all the books I have here at home....... I will :D
1. One Day by David Nicholls – How long has this sat on my shelf, too long. Crazy really as I do actually want to read this. I did almost pick this one up when the movie came out. I have a strict policy of reading a book before I see the movie.
2. The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde – I so want to read this! But never seem to get round to it. I bought this in hardback – which I don’t normally do – it’s been sat there that long it’s now been released in paperback. I love this author so there is no excuse! I have to mention the cover as it is fab, gorgeous design and the texture of it is like dragon scales :)
3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini – Now I really enjoyed reading A Thousand Splendid Suns. I bought the Kite Runner soon after I finished his other book. Why haven’t I read it.... I don’t know really. Silly really because I know I will enjoy it.
4. The Gunslinger by Stephen King – I’ve had this sat on my bookshelves for so long now. I think it must have an inch thick of dust. I have all the books in the Dark Tower Series to read, sat there waiting. I do want to read this as I think it would be very different to his other books. I like the thought of a fantasy book written by this author.
5. Fool Moon by Jim Butcher – This is book two in the Dresden Files series. I read the first book, Storm Front, about six months ago and I really enjoyed it. I have about 5 more books in the series waiting to be read. I’ve actually included this book in a book challenge I’m taking part in – 2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge. So hopefully it wont stay there for much longer.
6. Postmortem by Patricia Cornwell – I’ve had all of this series sat waiting to be read on my bookshelves now for over 5 years. That’s shameful really as I think I would enjoy. The Scarpetta series is one of the first lot of books I ever got. I should at least get this first book in the series read.
7. Schools Out - Forever by James Patterson – This is the second book in the Maximum Ride series. I loved the story of these bird children. The first book was really good. So no excuse time to crack on with the series. I have most of them sat waiting on the shelves. This series is completly different to the crime series he writes about.
8. The Day of theTriffids by John Wyndham – I saw this on tv when I was a younger. It was a black and white movie and it really stuck in my mind. I would like to read the book to find out more of the story. I’ve had this on the bookshelf for a couple of years now.
9. The Poisonwood Bibleby Barbara Kingsolver – Dani at Pen to Paper recommended this book to me when we first met. Sorry Dani lol. I found a copy in a second hand bookshelf but it has stayed on my bookshelf unread. I do want to read it as I have read Prodigal Summer & The Bean Trees and I really enjoyed them. So with the praise from Dani and the experience I already have with this author....well.. there is no excuse!
10. The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen – This is the first book in the Rizzoli & Isles series. I have also been sent a recommendation by another friend (Julie) to get these read. I’ve got all of them in the series waiting to be read. But first I think I will read her standalone books, which I also own, as apparently this series is the best out of her books.
Well I could have carried on with this post as there are so many I have left unmentioned. What books do you have gathering dust on your shelves?? Go on brush off the cobwebs, shake out the bookworms and get them read!!!