homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Slowcooked Gammon.

I've had a slow cooker now for about two weeks.  I love it!!! I've cooked chicken casserole, beef casserole, and this will be my third gammon joint.  It is so easy to use :)  I've also made a pudding in there - bananas in a rum sauce - that was yummy.  I'm well happy that you can use not just for casseroles but other delicious recipes.  I ordered some slow cooker recipe books from http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/ .  I've had a good browse through these and found some great recipes.  I will keep my blog updated with the recipes.

At the moment I have a lovely gammon ham joint cooking.  Some lovely smells coming from the kitchen.  All I do is get a gammon joint from the supermarket and bring it to the boil in a large saucepan.  This means that most of the salt is removed.  Then I pop it in the slow cooker, cover it completely in boiling water, add a bay leaf and then put it on high setting for 5 hours.  Once it's cooked I let it cool down and then put it in the fridge.  I love it with boiled new potatoes and parsley sauce - YUM!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.