homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Monday 30 July 2012

Author Interview: Jennifer Lynn Alvarez



Released: July 21st 2012
Publisher: Dreamcatcher Books
Find At: Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository | Barnes & Noble
Author Site: The Pet Washer Series | Jennifer Lynn Alvarez

Goodreads Synopsis:

What happens when a vacationing princess befriends a hard-working pet washer?

Meet the pet washer! Cianna works overtime at The Royal Pet Palace and Day Spa. Here, animals are cleaned, massaged, bedazzled, and dyed to match the outfits of their masters. Cianna is popular because she invents special shampoos, flea treatments, pet foods, and toothpastes to keep the pets as healthy as they are clean.

Meet the princess! Polly owns the finest dresses, the fastest horses, lives in the largest castle, and has the prettiest friends in the seven kingdoms. One of the dancers in her Spring Festival performance is sick, so Polly befriends Cianna to take her place.

When Cianna is thrown into the glamorous lifestyle of the royals it seems all her dreams are coming true, but when Polly has a change of heart, both of their lives are changed forever.

Up Next....book two, The Wishing Star!



I'm really excited to have author Jennifer Lynn Alvarez  drop by Chocolate Chunky Munkie and answer some questions for me.

Author Interview:


Tell us a little bit about yourself.
 I'm an animal-crazy writer, mother, and wife in Northern California. I drive my kids around and write books--that's my life. My favorite thing in the world, next to my loved ones, is a blank page waiting to be filled with words!

 What inspired you to want to become a writer?
Writing is how I've always chosen to express myself. I began a diary when I was eight and I still journal today, but I think it was the great books I read as a kid that inspired me to write stories. I write primarily for children and teens.

Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book. 
Because it's the only way to find out what happens when a spoiled princess befriends a hard-working pet washer of course!

What sparked the idea for your novel?
The Real Housewives of New York believe it or not. On the show, the ladies were all packing up for the Hamptons (okay, the maids were packing!). I wondered how the local people feel when all the socialites descend on their town with all their drama and outrageous parties. I decided to write a book about a sleepy island overrun by vacationing princesses during spring break from the point of view of the local girl--the pet washer!

Your favorite authors?
 Jack London, Beatrice Potter, Jean Craighead George, Suzanne Collins, Richard Adams, John Steinbeck, E.B. White (I could go on!)

If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why? 
The senior editor at Random House so I could pitch my latest manuscripts in person!

 Thank you Jennifer for taking time to answer my questions, some great answers  :)

1 comments:

Kristilyn (Reading in Winter) said...

Great interview! The book looks like a fun read. And what a cute cover! I'm a big dog lover, so naturally I love it. :)

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.