homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Sunday 17 July 2016

***Review*** The Perfect Lie by Emily Barr



The Perfect Lie by Emily Barr


Released: May 2010
Publisher: Headline
Series: No
Format: Audiobook
Source: Libray Lend
Find at: Goodreads | Amazon UK | Waterstones


Synopsis:

For Lucy Riddick, Venice has always been the dream destination. A dream inspired by the pretty picture pinned to her mother’s kitchen wall. To Lucy, Venice seems the ideal place to lose herself. And now she needs to do just that. 

The secret she’s been keeping from her boyfriend and her friends has finally caught up with her and Lucy needs to disappear – and fast. There’s no better time to pack her bags and head for Italy. But what if, when she sets foot in Venice, Lucy finds that the one thing she has been running from, the one thing she has been trying to escape, is already there, lying in wait for her? Time to run away again? Or time to end the chase, once and for all?




My Review:

This was an audio book version.  There were three narrators which really helped the story, it gave each character a more personalised feel.  One thing this book has which I love is short chapters.  When you're on the go and dipping in and out of books, short chapters really help.  

This book is set in two different times.  You have the story of Marianne when she was a teenager and then you have Lucy who is the grown up version of Marianne, this is interspersed with the voice of Eliza who is the friend and brother of Lucy's fiance.  I love how the story built as you got to learn more about the past and what effects this has had on the main character.  I know when I'm on to a five star read as I go above and beyond my normal reading pattern.  I couldn't wait to get this one finished and find out the whole story.  I was not disappointed.  I really felt for this poor hunted woman, how her past was dictating everything around her.  I was happy with the ending and there were a few surprises along the way which added to the story.

I've never been to Venice but the decription of the scenery and area really helped me get a feel for it.  I don't like overly descriptive or flowery reads and this was just right, just enough to set the scene and take me there.

I have moved straight on to another of Emily Barr's books, I look forward to reading/listening to more books by this author.  A well deserved 5 stars. 


 Overall: Thorouhly enoyed this book, gripped me from start to finish.  Can't wait to read more of this authors books.

My Thoughs on the Cover:  It's really pretty!  Lovely colour scheme.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.