homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Dusty Reads #1

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Xpresso Reads. This is where you feature a book that has been sitting unread on your bookcase for some time. If you want to participate  in this meme or for more information, click here.
This is my first time participating in Dusty Reads!




This week I have chosen:

 The Girl in The Steel Corset by Kady Cross

Goodreads Synopsis:

 She thought there was something wrong with her. She was right.
Finley Jayne has known for quite some time that she isn’t ‘normal,’ but when she beats up the son of her employer and is forced to flee, she stumbles into a world where there are bigger freaks than her. They take her in, treat her like family and demand her trust. How can Finley trust them when she can’t trust herself? And why is she drawn to the powerful Griffin as well as the dangerous Jack? She has to get herself under control before she gets into trouble she can’t get out of.

Griffin King is one of the most powerful men in Britain but he couldn’t save his best friend from almost dying. He is determined to save Finley and help her become the person he knows she can be, but there’s evil afoot in London. Machines have attacked humans under the orders of a nefarious criminal called The Machinist. He has sworn to protect his country against such a threat, but he’s never faced any foe like this. However, when he discovers The Machinist’s connection to his past, Griffin vows to end the villain once and for all — but he’ll need the help of all his friends, including the beautiful Finley Jayne – the girl in the steel corset.

I've only really got into steam punk and I have to say that I find it really fascinating.  I love the back drop of Victorian times mixed in with the brilliant and decadent minds of the inventors, such a wonderful blend.  Anyway back to this book, sadly it has been sat on the shelf for too long now and I really must get on and read it.  I have book two waiting to be read  - The Girl With The Clockwork Collar.



2 comments:

Dani Cotton said...

I got the hardback copy of this from Mira Ink, and I love it - it's the cutest little hardback you'll ever see! Adorable.

I can't wait to read this - it's one of my "I'm looking forward to it so much, that I won't read it yet, because then it'll be over, and so I won't get around to it for ages" books!
Going to have to get myself reading it soon!

Great post hun!
:) Dani xxx

Filia Oktarina said...

WOW, look interesting. I like cover book, and i will add in my wishlist.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.