homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Saturday 1 February 2014

***Review*** Requiem by Lauren Oliver


Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Released: 5th March 2013
Publisher: Harper Collins
Series: Yes #3 in the Delirium series
Source: Bought
Format: Kindle e-book
Find at: Goodreads | Amazon UK | The Book Depository

Author Site : Lauren Oliver



Goodreads Synopsis:

They have tried to squeeze us out, to stamp us into the past.

But we are still here.

And there are more of us every day.

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor.

Maybe we are driven crazy by our feelings.

Maybe love is a disease, and we would be better off without it.

But we have chosen a different road.

And in the end, that is the point of escaping the cure: We are free to choose.

We are even free to choose the wrong thing.

Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.




My Review:

I'm going to point out straight away this is a spoiler free review.  

I managed to read Pandemonium and Requiem very close together as I feel that you really do need to plough straight into the final book.  I struggled to get into Pandemonium because I had left a huge gap between that one and the first book Delirium.  I was not going to make this mistake again.

Where do I start......?  I feel  a bit sad and bereft, not from completing the series, but for well the ending. The story seems to go rather well and it's exciting but bam I'm hit with the end and it feels just like someone has pulled the rug from under me.  So much more could have gone on.  I was not finished and I feel like the door has been slammed in my face.  This story was sailing into the four star review section until right at the end.

I have invested so much time in the characters and loved them and championed some of them.  But I feel that they have been shortchanged.  I actually feel quite aggrieved.

Other than that it was a really interesting series.  Lena was a fantastic character, you could see her developing throughout the book.  And the boys, well I loved Alex and Julian and I must admit I kept changing my mind who I liked the most, even though I think Alex sneaked back in first place.  Great selection of characters.  Loved the writing style but it's just the end, I think I'm going to be harping on about it for years to come.

Despite my grumblings I would love to check out more books by this author.


 photo 3-star.png
Overview
Loved the series, just shame it fell at the last hurdle.

My Thoughts on the Cover
I think the earthy natural feel to this cover suits the book.  The flowers are subtle but effective around the girls face.  I do like the cover.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.