homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Friday 23 August 2013

***Review*** Shades of Earth by Beth Revis



Released: 15th January 2013
Publisher:Penguin Books
Series: Yes #3 in the Across the Universe series
Format: Kindle book
Source: Bought

Author Site: Beth Revis


Goodreads Synopsis:

Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceship Godspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience.

But this new Earth isn't the paradise Amy had been hoping for. There are giant pterodactyl-like birds, purple flowers with mind-numbing toxins, and mysterious, unexplained ruins that hold more secrets than their stone walls first let on. The biggest secret of all? Godspeed's former passengers aren't alone on this planet. And if they're going to stay, they'll have to fight.

Amy and Elder must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. They will have to look inward to the very core of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed--friends, family, life on Earth--will have been for nothing.

FUELED BY LIES.
RULED BY CHAOS.
ALMOST HOME.


My Review:
  
Just one word sums this book up.  WOW! I have loved every book in this series and I can say the last book just blew me away.  I feel quite sad there are no more now :,(  Definitely a keeper and one to cherish.  I'm still reeling a little bit and it's been a few days since I finished it.

I often find with three part series it does go off the boil a little and dare I say it sometimes the final book is such a let down you feel a bit like throwing it against a wall.  All that time invested in getting to the last book and bam, rubbish.  I can say this is NOT the case here, Shades of Earth was awesome, magical and just damn perfect.  I will say this is now officially my top book series of all time.

I'm not into spoilers, so no description of the plot from me.  But believe me if you haven't read Across The Universe please do so now!  It's blooming marvellous :)  All three books are amazing and you will not be disappointed, I have awarded each one a five star rating.



 photo 5-star.png
 
Overview:  
A fantastic execution to the end of a wonderful series.

My Thoughts on the Cover:
Mmmmm have to say I'm a little cheesed off as it does not match my first two books :( I loved the style of the other covers.  I suppose it's okish........ 




You can see my review of:

Across the Universe (#1) HERE

A Million Suns (#2)  HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.