homereviewschallengescontestspoliciesaboutabout

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #28

Every Wednesday, Dani at Pen To Paper features Wishlist Wednesday, a meme in which you can list a book that you really want to read or keep meaning to get. These are books that you want to add to your wishlist, and believe me there are plenty!  I've decided to use Dani's feature every Wednesday :)

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://www.pentopaperblog.com/) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!

So here is my book for this weeks Wishlist Wednesday:

Goodreads Synopsis:

In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network. When Zoe starts to malfunction (or "glitch"), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers. As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse. In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.
This one sounds fabulous but a little scary.  A civilisation has been implanted with computer chips which have eradicated people's emotions.  People are basically controlled by a computer.  OK yes there is no war or bad acts, but then again free thought and all the good things have also been eradicated.  However one girl, Zoe seems to have a glitch.  Mmmmm this does sound interesting and I really adore the cover, so pretty!!!  One to add to the wishlist.

5 comments:

Book Passion for Life said...

This is high on my wishlist too Jenny! It looks amazing! Great pick! Donna xoxo

Dani Cotton said...

This is on my wishlist as well, I think! I know I've certainly been thinking about ordering it!

Great post this week, as usual! :)
Dani xx

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

On my wishlist Jen...great pick!
My WoW

roro said...

high on mine gr8 pick

Tea, Daydreams & Fairytales said...

I hadn't heard of this but it sounds positively fantastic - I do love me a good dystopian :) Will add to my to-read list immediately!

My WW:
http://www.teadaydreamsandfairytales.com/2012/04/wishlist-wednesday-2/

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D I'd love to know your thoughts!!!

 
Blog Design By Sweet Dreams Design using the Sweet Summer kit by Kay Miller Designs.